Friday, February 6, 2009

Tie Dye Twins and Jumanji











Yesterday Dan and I learned how to make pie crust from scratch with Willow. And, if I do say so myself the quiche we made for our staff lunch turned out delicious. We also made a raw beet salad and my moms oat choc chip cookies (which some of you may know are the best thing ever). Much more fun that though and quite hilarious, training yesterday meant learning how to drive a John Deer mini tractor with a snow blower on it to clear the ice skating rink down at the pond. I have to admit, you automatically feel pretty hardcore with that machine under your butt. Especially since this tractor has chains on the tires cause it's so hilly here. Booyah. To my surprise later in the day I also learned how to drive the real plow truck "Big Green." I could barely see over the hood and truly needed to sit on a phonebook but it was BADASS gunning through snow like it ain't no thang. I also took my minibus driving road test and since it ended crash free I guess I am now allowed to transport children :)

Today, we had a morning yoga class and it was a lovely way to start the weekend. After that and breakfast I took the minivan to Keene (small town 5 miles away) where there was an ice carving festival. Keene is where the filmed Jumanji (remember Parish Shoes??) The town is really cute (Traverse Cityesque) and has everything I could want including a brewery and a venue for live music. It was a lot of fun being outside and walking around, heatwave today, a scorching 29 degrees. Now, I'm sitting on my bed and drinking tea - blogging for all you fine people. Done now though, about to go hike/snowshoe to a beaver damn that I hear is really beautiful. xoxo. Pics in order #1 Parish shoes, remember? #2 Keene,NH ice festival #3 path down to the lake #4 Sugar Maple Tree tap lines #5 The "Sugar House" #6 The skating rink I cleared #7 Me and Big Green #8 The John Deer #9 Me and my tasty crust #10 roomie Dan looking domestic

4 comments:

  1. Hey Jenny B. Isn't it amazing how lives end up crossing, traveling away from another and end up intersecting again?? You'd be interested to hear what I'm up to I think. You should give me a call sometime (616-634-1484). Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. JB - your pics are rad! Thanks for posting! : )

    xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, click on my name if you want to see what I'm up to!! Can't wait to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey I thought you would like to know my family comes from a small town south of keen..... winchester.. I used to spend my summers there!! e-mail me sometime I need your advice on something. Best wishes your crazy uncle from Idaho.

    ReplyDelete