Tuesday, February 10, 2009

last night was a full moon


That has nothing to do with this post, I just love paying attention to lunar cycles - and seeing how they relate to my life over the past year has become a new love for me. Not too much new info to report here and sadly no new relevant pics. We at GB are getting ready for winter camp, a welcome invasion of youth and energy that starts next week. It also means a whole slew of new staff gets here this weekend which is also awesome and I am very much looking forward to meeting new people. Unrelated but fun, we are hosting an awesome Literary and Arts festival in September and today I spent hours on the phone contacting local schools, colleges and universities to create relationships for promotion and sponsorship. Sitting inside and being warm for a long time was a nice little break from the cold. I (unlike you GR peeps) am not enjoying 50-60 degree warmth in the middle of winter :) Since I haven't much else to say I am going to leave you with a poem that gives me chills every time I read it...

REQUIEM

the crucified planet earth
should it find a voice
and a sense of irony,
might well say
of our abuse of it
"forgive them, father,
they know not what they do."

the irony would be
that we know what
we are doing.

when the last living thing
has dies on account of us,
how poetic it would be
if Earth would say,
in a voice rising up
perhaps
from the floor
of the grand canyon
"it is done."
people did not like it here.

Kurt Vonnegut

This, my friends, is exactly why I want to save the world. And why I am doing what I am doing. Our world is amazing and there is so much and so many people I love. I can only hope that everyone in this amazing world of ours is trying their best to follow their hearts and be alive. Cause that is what this world needs, people who are alive, truly alive and living to make a difference.

Smooches.

No comments:

Post a Comment